Faculty of Biology was founded in 1933. The faculty structure includes 7 chairs, one research institute and laboratories. Faculty offers around 15 educational programs for bachelors and masters. The faculty has about 800 students and around 100 lecturers.
For more information, please, visit the website of the faculty.
Biology faculty cooperates with different enterprises in our republic. There are agreements also on the organization of training, practice: students are guided by tutors and visit companies, get acquainted with the production processes.
Internship includes field, industrial spheres, which are arranged at the NAS RA institutes, schools and other organizations.
Representatives of various enterprises (Institute of Molecular Biology, Institute of Botany) deliver lectures at the faculty.
Based on the features of the faculty partner organizations can be divided into several groups - educational institutions and companies involved in food production, expert services, environmental, health organizations and others.
In order to coordinate the cooperation with the enterprises, council of the faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises has been formed according to the "Regulation of the council of YSU faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises.”
Composition of the council of the faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises.
1. Emil Gevorgyan (Dean)
2. Alexander Yesayan (Deputy Dean)
3. Armen Trchounian (Chair of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Biotechnology, Head of Chair)
4. Siranoush Nanagyulyan (Chair of Botany and Mycology, Head of Chair)
5. Felix Danielyan (Chair of Zoology, Professor)
6. Haykoush Batikyan (National Institute of Metrology, )
7. Marine Harutyunyan ("Yerevan Ararat Brandy-Wine-Vodka Factory" OJSC, General Director)
8. Rouben Khachatryan (Yerevan Zoo, Director)
9. Eduard Dilanyan ("Vitamax-E" LLC, Director)
10. Ashot Ohanyan (“Lizin” OJSC, )
The list of partner enterprises of the faculty.
1. "Getamej Poultry Factory" LLC
2. "Armbiotechnology" Research Center
3. Haematology Center after Professor R. Yeolyan
4. Institute of Physiology after L. Orbely
5. Institute of Soil Science
6. Matenadaran after Mesrop Mashtots
7. "Prom-test” LLC
8. RA NAS Institute of Hydroponics Problems
9. RA NAS Institute of Molecular Biology
10. RA NAS Institute of Geological Sciences
11. RA NAS Institute of Biochemistry
12. RA NAS Institute of Botany
13. RA NAS The Institute for Ecological Research Center
14. "Vitamax-E" LLC
15. Water Problems station
16. "Yerevan Ararat Brandy-Wine-Vodka Factory" OJSC
17. "Yerevan Beer" CJSC
1. “Green Job Market Assessment” (Armenian