Faculty of Armenian Philology was founded in 1919. Several departments operating independently are now established on its basis. It has 7 chairs. Faculty offers around 10 educational programs for bachelors and masters. The faculty has about 1000 students and 100 lecturers.
For more information, please, visit the website of the faculty.
Faculty of Armenian Philology cooperates with different scientific centers of the RA Academy of Sciences. The internship for students is organized at the institutes of NAS RA, Yerevan schools.
Graduates of the faculty work successfully in Armenian and the Diaspora educational and cultural centers, contribute to the revival and development of scientific life.
In order to coordinate the cooperation with the enterprises, council of the faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises has been formed according to the "Regulation of the council of YSU faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises.”
Composition of the council of the faculty on the cooperation with the enterprises.
1. Artsrun Avagyan (Dean)
2. Yuri Avetisyan (Chair of Armenian Language, Head of Chair)
3. Nazik Harutyunyan (Chair of Pedagogy, Head of Chair)
4. Samvel Muradyan (Chair of Armenian Literature, Head of Chair)
5. Arshaluys Galstyan (Chair of Armenian Literature, Assistant)
6. Arshak Poghosyan (SC of Faculty, Representative)
7. Marianna Bocinyan (SSS of Faculty,Representative)
8. Vardan Ghevrikyan (NAS RA Institute of Literature after M. Abeghyan, Director)
9. Victor Katvalyan (NAS RA Institute of Language after H. Acharyan, Director)
10. Vahan Ter-Ghevondyan. (Matenadaran after Mesrop Mashtots, Director)
11. Eduard Militonyan (Writers Union of Armenia, President)
The list of partner enterprises of the faculty.
1. Matenadaran after Mesrop Mashtots
2. NAS RA Institute of Language after H. Acharyan
3. NAS RA Institute of Literature after M. Abeghyan
4. RA MES State Inspectorate of Language
5. Writers Union of Armenia