Կանոնադրություններ, Ծրագրեր, Պայմանագրեր եւ այլ փաստաթղթեր
Entrant
Legislation and Education Documents, other interesting news...

Historians have been trained in YSU since the day of its foundation.


Before it became a separate Faculty, it had functioned as a Department within the Historical-Linguistic Faculty in 1920, later as a subsection of the Division of Social Sciences, and then as a Department within the Pedagogical, Oriental and Historical-geographical Faculties from 1921 till 1930.


The Faculty of History began functioning as an independent faculty in 1936-1937 academic years. Deans of History Subsection, Section, and then of Faculty were H. Manandyan, H. Choryan, S. Poghosyan, N. Poghosyan, B. Harutyunyan, M. Nersisyan, H. Zhamkochyan, G. Sharoyan, H. Petrosyan, R. Movsisyan, H. Ghazaryan, M. Hovhannisyan, and B. Harutyunyan. H. Avetisyan was the dean of the faculty from 2004 to 2009. In 2009 Edik Minasyan was elected the faculty dean.


Outstanding scientists, academicians H.Manandyan, B.Piotrovsky M.Nersesyan, A.Novhannesyan, G .Sargsyan, G. Gharibjanyan, B.Arakelyan, H.Avetisyan, L.Khurshudyan, Vl. Barkhudaryan, H. Simonyan, associate members M. Hasratyan, V. Rshtuny, S. Harutyunyan, professors Leo, St. Lisitsyan, K.Ghafadaryan, Kh. Samvelyan, G. Mikayelyan, A. Abrahamyan, A. Kalantar and many other specialists have developed pedagogical activities at this faculty in different years.


Departments of Philosophy, Theory and History of the International relations used to function in the structure of this faculty in different times. The current departments available are History, History and Theory of Armenian art and Cultural Science.


Since the day of its foundation the Faculty has produced about 7000 graduate-historians, who are occupied in the spheres of pedagogy, science, state sector, public life, etc.


Currently 6 chairs and 2 research laboratories function in the structure of this faculty.

Map