Main goals of the Office are:
- provision of quality of educational and scientific activities in Yerevan State University
- integration of university into worldwide scientific-educational processes, the signing of agreements and the development of the existing cooperation
- organization of exchange programs for lecturers and students of YSU
- organization of joint scientific and educational events, seminars, working meetings, scientific conferences and scientific-educational exhibitions, exchange of literature
The Division of International Relations realizes the following functions:
- organization of processes of negotiations for the signing of contracts and agreements with foreign universities, scientific centers
- preparation of working plans and programs
- organization and control, in correspondence with working plans, of the activities of subdivisions and separate lecturers of YSU, which represent the sides of negotiations
The Division of Diaspora is occupied in the area of following activities:
establishment of new relations with benefactors, partners and YSU graduates in Diaspora, development of existing relations, search of possible favorable parties of cooperation with Armenian communities, development of working programs. The department also realizes the admission of foreign citizens for YSU Preparatory Faculty, on 1st year of special faculties, magistracy and postgraduate studies, and also carries out various functions connected with their training.
The department of Diaspora has established especially tight relations with the Department of Armenian Services of the Institution of Galust Gulbenkian, Union of Armenian Handicraftsmen of California (Glendale), Union of Knights Vardanants in USA, American-Armenian Union of Handicraftsmen, Beirut All -national Higher Enterprise on Armenian Studies and other Armenian structures.
The Division of Grants is occupied in the area of following activities:
- analysis of the information about grant programs according to scientific-educational interests of YSU
- analysis and ordering of the received information on perspective directions of development of YSU
- grouping of acting scientific and educational programs, provision of the information on corresponding program for its representation at YSU faculties and chairs
- preparation of the projects exposed on inter-university financing.
The head of YSU International Cooperation Office is Alexander Markarov.
International Cooperation Office of YSU
YSU Central building, 4th floor
Tel.: (+37410) 55 06 12
(+ 37410) 55 46 41 (Division of International Relations)
(+37410) 55 52 44 (Divison of Diaspora)
Fax: (+ 37410) 55 46 41
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org