The project addresses a major issue of quality education, which is a common concern for the project partner countries. The ERASMUS+ PRINTeL is a three-year duration EU funded “Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education” project aimed at enhancing quality of teaching and learning at partner country (PC) universities in Armenia, Georgia and Belarus.
The main long-term goals of the project are:
• Enhancing student learning experience in Armenia, Georgia and Belarus by promoting development and innovation in teaching and learning (T&L), supporting integration of technology and research, as well as disseminating good practice.
• Modernising higher education in Armenia, Georgia and Belarus in line with the Bologna agenda and establishing cooperation in education and training between partner and EU countries by promoting virtual mobility of teachers and students, and enhancing lifelong learning capabilities.
The abovementioned goals will be achieved through fulfilment of the following specific objectives:
1. To strengthen Teaching Staff Development Centres (TSDC) in the PC universities by enhancing capacities of staff and trainers, modernizing infrastructure and introducing innovative teacher training and academic leadership programmes.
2. To build up capacities of the partner universities’ teaching staff by developing their innovative and technology-enhanced teaching and learning (T&L) skills and abilities of competency- and research-based teaching.
3. To establish a Virtual Academy of Teaching and Learning (VATL) as an international community of teachers, staff and students interested in using and sharing Open Educational Resources (OER) for the improvement of technology-enhanced T&L.
4. To promote greater awareness on the types and methods of innovative and technology-enhanced T&L and to disseminate best practices within and between universities in the partner and EU countries.
The main objectives of the project are to be fulfilled through: (i) conducting trainings and workshops for a wide range of staff and teachers in the project PC universities, (ii) adopting new innovative T&L practices in the project PC universities; (iii) establishing a common virtual platform for creating, using and sharing OERs; (iv) organizing study visits, information seminars and dissemination conferences in PCs; (v) disseminating the project results and materials.
Exchange and transfer of knowledge, expertise, know-how and good practice between EU and PC universities is a vital point for attainment of the project objectives.
The following outcomes and outputs are expected by the end of the project:
- 30 staff and 100 trainers trained on innovative T&L methods and technology-enhanced instruction.
- 28 technology-enhanced teacher training classrooms, 9 multimedia OER content building studios and 5 new teacher training courses.
- Over 500 trained university teachers who are no more just “lecturers” but “designers of the learning methods and environments”.
- Virtual Academy of Teaching & Learning (VATL) - an interactive professional development, mutual learning and virtual mobility platform of teachers to promote innovative T&L practices.
- 6 virtual communities of teaching practice, an annual Virtual Forum and institutional award programmes promoting awareness on innovative pedagogy and excellence in T&L.
- Disseminated electronic newsletters, booklets, VATL Manual, Good Practice Teacher Handbook and training kits on innovative T&L.
WHO ARE THE BENEFICIARIES
Project will have an impact not only within, but also outside of the project PC universities on institutional, national and regional levels. The main target groups and beneficiaries of the project are:
- Universities as a whole;
- Students of the project PC universities and beyond;
- Teaching staff of the project PC universities and beyond;
- Administrative staff and the leadership of the project PC universities (TSDCs personnel, librarians, QA officers, deans, vice-rectors);
- Other stakeholders, social and economic partners (HE decision-makers, professional associations, high-schools, NGOs, key employers, etc.).
The following institutions from PC and EU countries are involved in the project consortium:
Partner Country institutions:
• Yerevan State University (YSU), Armenia - Coordinator of the project
• National Polytechnic University of Armenia (NPUA), Armenia
• Vanadzor State University after H. Tumanyan (VSU), Armenia
• Ilia State University (ISU), Georgia
• Georgian Technical University (GTU), Georgia
• Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University (TeSaU), Georgia
• Belarusian State University (BSU), Belarus
• Brest State Technical University (BrSTU), Belarus
• Yanka Kupala State University of Grodno (YKSUG), Belarus
• National Center for Strategic Research in Higher Education (NCSRHE), Armenia
EU partner institutions:
• Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (KU Leuven), Belgium
• Universitat de Barcelona (UB), Spain
• Universidade do Porto (U.PORTO), Portugal
• Linkopings Universitet (LiU), Sweden
• FH Joanneum Gesellschaft mbH (FHJ), Austria
For more information, please, refer to the following official website: https://printel.am/