YSU Center of Innovational Social Research (CISR)
The YSU Center of Innovational Social Research is operating within YSU Faculty of Sociology. The major areas of research center activities include, but are not limited to attracting and conducting basic and applied studies in the fields of social sciences, humanities and education.
The Center is also engaged in the analysis of scientific-educational programs, organization and coordination of field research work, elaboration of research results in cooperation with local and international donor organizations.
The Center aims to apply the latest research methods, combining these with the traditions of basic and applied social research. The aim of the center's research policy is promotion of research efficiency in Armenia by involving a wide range of researchers with various expertise.
The Goals of the Center of Innovational Social Research include:
- Organize and conduct social studies, surveys and public opinion polls.
- Contribute to the expansion of YSU research potential in social sciences and humanities, as well as promote and facilitate cooperation among interested stakeholders and international and local institutions through the implication of scientific research programs.
- Conduct studies aimed to analyze and make evidence-based recommendations to improve scientific, educational, managerial, as well as administrative operations at YSU.
- Provide research results and expert consultations to governmental / non-governmental, local / international organizations, individuals and groups.
- Organize and implement educational and scientific activities, conduct various courses through involvement of YSU teaching staff.
- Organize and conduct round table discussions and workshops to publicize research results.
- Evaluate the quality of higher education, as well as monitor and assess the effectiveness of various innovative programs implemented in YSU.
- Make efforts to unite the research community in Armenia.