About the Department of International Cooperation
The main tasks of the department are:
- Ensuring the quality of studies and scientific research at Yerevan State University,
- The involvement of the university in global scientific and educational processes, the signing of contracts, and the further expansion of existing cooperation,
- Exchange programs organization for both university lecturers and students, organization of joint scientific and educational events, seminars, workshops, and conferences, as well as scientific-educational exhibitions, and literature exchange.
YSU International Cooperation Department includes the divisions of International Relations, Foreign Students’ Education Organization, and Grants Coordination.
The main activities of the International Relations division are:
- The integration of YSU into global scientific and educational processes, the signing of contracts, and the further expansion of existing cooperation,
- Organization exchange programs for YSU professors and students, organization of scientific and educational joint events, seminars, workshops,
- Formulating the business trips of employees going abroad for participating in the events arising from YSU's statutory goals, and issuing decrees for students going abroad.
- Formulation of invitations, necessary documents, and visas for foreign specialists, guests, and delegations arriving at YSU (as necessary) and organization of their reception.
Thanks to the activities of the International Relations division, Yerevan State University has signed cooperation agreements with more than 280 universities and scientific centers of around 60 countries.
We continue to cooperate effectively with many famous universities in the world: Arizona State University (USA), University of Rostock, University of Trier, Humboldt University (Germany), Paul Valery University of Montpellier (France), University of Florence, Ca’ Foscari University of Venice (Italy) ), University of Warsaw (Poland).
Today YSU is widely involved in various international programs: YSU is a full member of the International Association of Universities, Association of European Universities, Association of Eurasian Universities, Russian Union of Rectors, Association of Universities of the Countries of the Black Sea Region, The Russian Union of Rectors, The International Association of Presidents of Universities, and The International Association of Franco Universities.
Head of the International Relations division: Murad Nurijanyan
E-mail address: email@example.com:
The main scopes of activities of the Foreign Students’ Education Organization Division are:
- Admission organization of foreign citizens in the 1st years of Professional faculties, Master's and Postgraduate courses, as well as preparatory courses,
- Issue coordination arising with foreign citizens during studies, including the solution of suspension, deferment, the extension of terms, reinstatement, transfer, etc.,
- Registration and extending the terms of residence cards through the Passport and Visa Department of the RA Police.
To expand the list of donor countries for admission, and to increase the recruitment of foreign applicants, the conditions of foreign students’ studies at YSU, their study guide, as well as informative briefs on the university and its educational programs are brought to the attention of foreign applicants through YSU website, RA embassies in foreign countries, as well as educational and public organizations by the division.
Foreign citizens were admitted to Yerevan State University to study as early as the 1926-1927 academic year, but this process became more active from the 1958-1959 academic year. Since then (until 30.08.2022), 9,216 foreign citizens from 91 countries have studied at Yerevan State University (4,795 of which were Armenian students), 2,511 students received Bachelor's and Master's degrees, and 242 foreigners defended Ph.D. theses.
In the course of its activity, the division has also worked with Armenian charitable, educational, and other organizations (Armenian Services Department of the Galust Gulbenkian Foundation, "Vardanants knights" of the USA, etc.), in the directions of compensation for the expenses of YSU young scholars' foreign business trips, as well as allocating one-time scholarships to YSU students.
The head of the division: Alexander Virabyan
The main activities of the Grants Coordination division are:
- Analysis of information on grant programs by the scientific and educational interests of YSU,
- Analysis and regulation of the information obtained regarding YSU's prospective development directions,
- Consolidation of existing scientific and educational programs, provision of relevant information about the programs to present them to YSU chairs and faculties,
- Preparation of submitted projects for university financing.
In recent years, Yerevan State University has actively participated in the development and implementation of projects within the framework of the "Tempus" project.
"Tempus” and "Erasmus Mundus" grant programs continued successfully.
Many agreements have been signed with a number of European universities within the framework of the "Erasmus+" program to promote the mobility of students and faculty members.
Now YSU students and representatives of the teaching and administrative staff have the opportunity to participate in exchange programs based on existing cooperation agreements within the framework of the "Erasmus+" program.
The head of the grant coordination division: Arsen Aproyan
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the 2011-2012 academic year "Erasmus Mundus. Action 2: Partnership with Third Country Higher Education Institutions" grant was launched at YSU in the framework of the “ALRAKIS” project aimed at enhancing student, professor, and researcher exchanges and supporting mobility from non-EU Member States to EU Member States. Since 2011, within the framework of the "Tempus" program at YSU, the grant "Training opportunities for university-enterprise partnership in Armenia, Georgia, and Ukraine" has been implemented, the main goal of which was to expand the opportunities for universities in Armenia, Georgia, and Ukraine by the requirements of society and the market economy, based on relevant education.
The YSU specialists, as well as Undergraduate, Master's, and Postgraduate students, participated in various scientific events, seminars, and foreign educational programs. Inter-university exchange programs were also implemented. The Division of International Cooperation has ensured the university students’ trips abroad and scientific-educational exchanges.